Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ode to the North Wind

things i said, thought of saying, thought better of saying during the cold snap of the last few days:


"Wow, stuffing that big towel onto the window sill has brought us one step closer to surviving the night."
-me, the bedroom, last night

"What did we do to deserve this!? Why, Mother Nature, Why!?"
-me, shaking my fist to the heavens, being sub-zero gusted standing with Croftie outside the Medici on 57th St, this morning

Croftie: "Barry?"
Me: "Yeah, that's Barry."
C: "I haven't heard him purr this loud in weeks!"
Me: "I don't think he's been this warm in weeks."
C: "any chance of moving him?"
Me: "none."
-me, croftie and a Barry between us, sleeping, last night.

"Mother Slut-bucket!"
-me, walking out the front door and around the corner to the garbage can wearing just flip-flops, saturday afternoon.


1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM , Blogger oline said...

it warms my very very cold frostbitten heart to see "slut-bucket" catching on!

cosbo, it's coooooooooooooold out there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home