Friday, June 06, 2008

Dread Pirate Hillbilly


And yes, if the Simpsons taught me anything its that they prefer to be called Sons of the Soil. But that is not the word that was used to describe my appearance this past Tuesday now was it?

Keep in mind I was asking for it. The following things all more or less scream 'bumpkin' or at least don't scream 'latte-sipping Prius driving America-hating Elitist':

jeans.
red and blue plaid shirt.
old baseball cap worn forwards.
long hair in back, not too combed.
6 days worth of not shaving.

In short, a colleague of mine, whose first language was not English told me quite bluntly that I looked like a Hillbilly. All i need is a jug of something with XXX written on the side and a shot-gun and I'll complete the stereotype.

West Virginia or bust.
(btw, the above image was one of the first to pop up when I googled 'plaid.' scary!)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:16 PM , Blogger oline said...

well, we now know what david bowie would've looked like if he'd been denied access to everything but his mother's brow pencil and raised on a farm outside culman, alabama.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home